We are looking for a Full-Stack developer for a fixed term contract of at least 1 year to become part of a new team working on developing a new website for a national organisation covering a complex mix of business areas.
A great opportunity to really make your mark on the organisation's online presence with tangible business and creative benefits. The website will be at the heart of the organisation, providing a quality user journey for all.
As part of the website team, you will be at the core of shaping and influencing this as part of a once in a decade opportunity. You will be responsible for ongoing enhancement and maintenance as well as creating high-quality digital solutions to drive positive and effective engagement.
This is a unique opportunity to join a new team being formed to guide the development and strategic vision for the website for this high profile national organisation.
Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years experience of Full-stack development experience (OO PHP, HTML, CSS, JS) and varied CMS platforms.
- Evidence of working on large, professional websites and digital projects
- Commercial experience working with LAMP / LEMP technology stack
- Experience using Git in a team environment
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-platform testing
- Excellent communication skills. You must be comfortable communicating effectively with technical and non-technical team members, stakeholders and external partner
- Experience working with a CSS preprocessor such as SASS or LESS
- Knowledge of web accessibility best-practice
- Knowledge of open data platforms or API integrations
Nice to have Have:
- Experience with Drupal, with Drupal 8 ideal
- Experience working in an Agile environment, especially knowledge of Kanban or Scrum
- Development experience for both mobile and desktop
- Good understanding of SEO principles and using this to inform development.