User Experience/Interface Designer (UX/UI)
Birmingham City Centre
Up to £53 000 P/A
Purpose of the role:
Responsible for designing and creating user-focussed, engaging and accessible user experiences within consistent brand guidelines.
- Creating personas and user experience maps across delivery channels.
- Conducting usability testing and feedback and feeding these into delivery teams.
- Understanding the target audience for every project by working collaboratively with the wider team to run customer/stakeholder interviews, user testing, card sorting and other research activity.
- Working with product management and developers to improve the performance of our delivery channels through A/B testing.
- Working with stakeholders to create design concepts, translating them into user flows using wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes and story boards.
- Illustrate design ideas via user storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
- Lead on design enhancements by keeping up-to-date with enhancements and UX principles and present these new ideas to the business with a view to implementing.
- Prototype solutions to understand and define user experiences using appropriate technologies.
- Collaborate within the Agile development team to ensure that user experience designs and journeys are iterative in nature and deliverable.
- Partner with the Marketing team to develop brand and style guidelines and to determine how to best reach our target markets.
- Ability to collaborate efficiently in cross functional teams, particularly Product Management, developers and QA engineers.
- Take a user-centred design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs.
Reports to Head of IT Development.
Relevant Professional Qualification is desired
- Creative, passionate and enthusiastic with previous experience as a UX/UI designer and a strong portfolio of digital projects that have been worked on from both perspectives.
- Experience/knowledge of a range of UX research methods and deliverables (e.g. 1-2-1 labbased testing, Heuristic evaluation, Remote testing, Tree Testing/Card Sorting, surveys, Wireframing/Prototyping, UX/UI Design).
- Possess excellent written and spoken communication skills, and able to use and interpret data from a variety of sources.
- Be familiar with UX related fields including AB/Multivariate testing, Analytics and Accessibility.
- Have a natural aptitude for technology, with the ability to quickly learn new technologies and troubleshoot them independently.
- High Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch and have a strong understanding of UX, UI principles and producing wireframes, storyboards and personas.
- Experience with Prototyping ideally in Marvelapp and knowledge in developing UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS in cross platform design (mobile, tablet, desktop).
- Strong understanding of interaction design (no coding skills required, just what and how best to use JS and other tools to enhance content).
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays + 5 paid days for volunteering in the community
- Average earnings pension scheme with employee contributions from 2-10% depending on individual choice and employer contributions of 3-10% on top of this depending on individual contribution.
- Post Probation - life cover up to 6 times salary.
- An employee participation scheme depending on business performance which has paid out at 5% for the last two years.
- Enhanced family benefits i.e maternity/paternity etc.
If you would like to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please apply with your updated version of your CV. Successful candidates will be interviewed immediately.