We are currently looking for User Researchers to join our client based in Coventry, on an initial 6-12 month contract, in an Agile environment - where the user is put at the heart of digital products through user centred design
Projects will be in various phases - Discovery to Live and will command the successful candidate to take ownership of using the right methods of data collection that are suitable to the requirement and nature of the project.
- Planning, designing and preparing a range of user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of complex services.
- Carrying out a wide range of user research activities from recruiting participants, preparing discussion guides and moderating research sessions.
- Leading colleagues to analyse research data and synthesise clear and actionable findings, including working closely with analytics colleagues to create a rich picture of user behaviour.
- Communicating user research findings to help the team and wider organisation develop a deep understanding of users and their needs.
- Working closely with product managers, designers and developers to turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features.
- Aligning user research activities with wider plans to inform service propositions
- Contributing to the wider user research community - including presenting at meetups, writing blog posts and leading on aspects of practice.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrable Knowledge, experience in and passion for user-centred design practices for web, service or software development.
- Proven experience of uncovering and understanding user needs for web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with a complex user journeys.
- Proven experience of designing, facilitating and analysing a wide range of qualitative and quantitative user research methods, including a strong understanding of strengths and limitations of different methodologies.
- Proven experience of sharing and presenting user research findings in a wide variety of formats and contexts. Bringing actionable insights to the team.
- Proven experience of working in an agile environment with designers and developers and product managers to create new digital products and services.
- Degree in HCI/Usability/Cognitive Psychology/Market Research
- Previous experience within government services
- Demonstrable experience of users of assisted digital needs and accessibility needs.
- Experience of using analytics to understand user behaviour and experience.
Please click and apply to hear more
User research / User researcher / user centred design / user needs / user journeys qualitative quantitative research / focus groups / research findings / user insight / Agile / usability