Job requires an experienced automated tester with a proven track of automation testing using tools such as QTP, UFT, Selenium. Reporting to the Head of System Integration testing you will be involved in creating and maintaining automation frameworks and regression packs to drive efficiencies within test function. The Role holder will work closely with project stakeholders, development and business/UAT teams to ensure test scope meets requirements resulting in quality software.
* Operate as test lead for complex financial projects
* Understanding requirements and creating key test deliverables such as test strategies, plans scripts, scenarios, and test data etc
* Develop and mentor more junior team members
* Test estimation, scheduling, requirements traceability, execution and reporting results to various audiences.
* Identifying regression testing scope and coverage
* Defect identification, reporting and ownership through to resolution.
* Adherence to the software development life-cycle (SDLC), testing standards and best practices.
* Establishing close working relationships with developers and also business users
* Work with stakeholders including development teams and the business to identify key tests suitable for automation
* Design and maintain automation scripts
* Help introduce new tools/techniques, reduce testing time and improve defect identification
* Analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements and translating into test automation solutions.
* Provide accurate and timely test status reports
* Run manual tests when required
* Contribute to test estimates, plans and strategies for all assigned projects
* Be responsible for completing all mandatory training and to do so within required timescales
As a member of the System Integration Testing Team the post holder is responsible for functional testing and ensuring the quality of software under direction from the Head of Testing.
This role may on occasion require travel to Salisbury where our main business team are based. This role requires enhanced vetting as per the Referencing and Staff Vetting Policy.
Job knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required:
* Ideally be educated to graduate or equivalent level
* ISEB/IQSTB Qualified (Foundation level upwards)
* Minimum 3 years formal testing experience in an automated testing specific role using tools such as QTP/UFT/Loadrunner.
* Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Good SQL skills to interrogate relational databases e.g. MSSQL, Oracle
* A team player but also able to work independently using your initiative
* Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Have excellent time management and the ability to work to deadlines
* Experience of working to a formal SDLC, using structured testing and release methods