Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police are seeking exceptional individuals, with a proven background in technical support, who can deliver the upgrade that the two forces need.
They are currently recruiting for a 3rd Line Support Engineer.
This is not a simple challenge; you will need to be resilient, able to handle complexity and ambiguity, and to be part of a department at the centre of both change and operations, working with committed police professionals and supporting staff.
You will work flexibly within the Technical Support Team or Solutions Delivery Team, contributing to an efficient and effective ICT Service, ensuring a quality end to end ICT Service to Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police.
Providing a high level of technical support you will work with both internal customers and to external customers, continually innovating in order to ensure the department is offering the best level of service in terms of services and equipment.
This includes working on the network, hardware and software in support of the delivery of all agreed ICT services.
- Provide technical support capability, to carry out appropriate customer problem solving activities, including invoking external support as necessary
- Technically support the operation and control of the ICT infrastructure required to deliver and support IT services and products
- Manage and work with suppliers/partners to deliver an effective & efficient seamless service provision, as required by the level of the role
- Help to create new knowledge base articles to share information for reuse throughout the team and customer base
You can confidently demonstrate significant experience of working within physical and virtual teams, helping to manage work loads, problem solving, solutions development and system management.
- ICT (Level 5) professional qualification or equivalent ICT qualification
- Professional Management qualification (Level 5), or equivalent
- ITIL certification in IT Service Management, or similar
- Significant knowledge of relevant IT technologies and applications their use and application.
- Substantial knowledge, acquired through hands-on experience, in a specialist technical support environment for both hardware and software
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal are a given.
How to apply:
If you would like to discuss further, then please visit our dedicated microsite to understand more about the challenge and the opportunities that await. https://www.wwmpolicedigitaltransformation.co.uk/