Technical Infrasructure Engineer (IT Operations)
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Reporting to: Head of Service Delivery
This is an Infrastructure engineer role with responsibility for technical operations elements of transformational projects. These projects will range from acquisition migrations through to resilience and compliance platform developments.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Alongside the day-to-day operational duties of maintaining and improving our IT infrastructure in line with transformation projects, you'll be working closely with our Development, Acquisitions, Product Management, Solutions and Support on projects that cut across all areas.
You will be working with physical and virtual servers, networks, security, and storage of the company production and back office infrastructures.
Delivery Approach - you'll understand and embrace Agile and DevOps methodologies and the benefits they bring to fast-paced technology companies and work closely with engineering to ensure an approach that complements Continuous Delivery practices.
Communication - you'll be working as a key part of our Technical Services team and with stakeholders at all levels to deliver the business goals and contribute to the improvement of the company.
Mentoring - ensuring that all members of the team are skilled appropriately requires you
to share knowledge and experience, and to support your colleagues' growth.
The job holder will be an exceptional candidate, with a proven track record in a similar role. In particular they are required to have:
- Delivering in a combined project and reactive environment
- Recent experience of Cisco networking including VPNs, HA and firewalls (CCNA Routing and Switching preferable)
- Recent experience of working with VSphere and Hyper-V (upgrades and migrations
- between platforms is essential)
- Windows Server deployment and Active Directory (MCSA)
- Defining, monitoring and managing platform KPIs and performance
- Being a key part of a cohesive team responsible for the day-to-day running of an "always on" 24/7 platform
- Genuine interest in technology and its use in solving business problems
- Working closely with Development and Support teams
- Identifying emerging server, storage and cloud technology trends and assessing their suitability as Esendex grows
- Experience in the telecommunications sector (ideally in the SMS, Voice and IP channel communications)
- AWS EC2, Beanstalk, Cloudfront and S3
- Dell server and storage configuration
- DNS, SSL Certificates, domain management
- Kemp Loadmaster
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Capacity planning
- Failover and Disaster Recovery
- Experience of mentoring individuals with varying skills and experience
- Insourced, outsourced and hybrid approaches to problem solving
- Presenting information to a wide variety of stakeholders across the business
- An understanding of Agile, Continuous Delivery and DevOps methodologies
- Experience of working "on call" out of office hours