Senior Technical Architect (Ruby on Rails)
6 - 12 month contract
Day rate £550 - £600
We are currently looking for a Senior Technical Architect who must be hands on and have ruby on rails background. The Architect will work to move legacy systems onto a new greenfield service which will be more API driven. You will work with Product Owners to produce a roadmap where you can look at short and long term solutions. Provide hands-on technical leadership, in the development, operation and ongoing improvement of complex, transformational digital services serving million of users.
About the role: Successful candidates will have experience with Ruby on Rails and open source technologies and working within a pure agile environment, as well as understanding front and back end development. Experience of Leading teams, mentoring developers and also designing and architecting systems in an integral part of this role.
- Experience building server-side web applications and detailed knowledge of at least one programming language (we use a range of languages including Ruby on Rails, Python, Scala, Java, Play, React, Node.js, Docker)
- and/or detailed understanding and experience of front-end web development (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Outstanding ability to develop efficient, highly optimised and clear code
- Understanding of and experience with a range of approaches to testing application code and systems for behaviour and performance
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working on technical projects within a team, working in agile environment
- Knowledge of the git version control system
If this sounds like something you are looking for, please click apply or give Laima a call on 01173320826