6 month contract
We are currently looking for a Technical Architect who must be hands on. The Architect will be work to move legacy systems onto a more new greenfield service which will be more API driven. You will work with Product Owners to produce a roadmap where you can look at short and long-term solutions
As a technical architect you will be designing and building web systems that make a genuine difference to people's lives. You'll define how we build and operate our web systems, keeping up to date with the latest technologies and trends, whilst delivering working software early and often.
About the role: Successful candidates will have experience with Java and open source technologies and working within a pure agile environment, as well as understanding front and back end development. Experience of Leading teams, mentoring developers and also designing and architecting systems in an integral part of this role.
- Experience building server-side web applications and detailed knowledge of at least one programming language (we use a range of languages including Ruby, Python, Scala, Java, Play, React, Node.js, Docker)
- and/or detailed understanding and experience of front-end web development (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Outstanding ability to develop efficient, highly optimised and clear code
- Understanding of and experience with a range of approaches to testing application code and systems for behaviour and performance
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working on technical projects within a team
- Working knowledge of unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X
- Knowledge of the git version control system
- Azure experience
- Build user-centred, open source, RESTful web systems.
- Be responsible for design and development of projects of various sizes, how they interact with their surroundings (including other projects and teams), and how they evolve over time
- Challenge entrenched practices and influence decision makers, and look for deeper underlying problems to solve, and larger opportunities for digital transformation
- Share knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team and community, both developers and non-developers
- Transform the establishment into a more agile organisation by helping to embed modern development practices
- Help build and maintain a diverse, inclusive culture across the development community, growing awareness, inclusivity, and balance
- Help with hiring, taking part in recruitment of other developers