Technical Architect - Ruby/Python
Contract 6 month rolling
I'm looking for a hands-on Technical Architect to provide technical architecture expertise and leadership to deliver a new digital application - in a highly agile environment
You will design microservices that cut across services and integration of full services within the service line. Experience needed, with either Ruby, Java or Python.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, dynamic, with good communication skills and excel at problem solving covering software and infrastructure.
- Take ownership of the technical road map, the long term vision and ultimately the final solutions
- Turn business problems into technical design - work with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into technical designs
- Create an optimal design through an iterative process, aligning the user need with the system requirements and organisational objectives.
- Bridge the gap between the technical and non-technical - translate technical concepts between software engineering, delivery management and service management so they are understood by all.
- Provide technical support and help with problem resolution
- Understand and resolve technical disputes across varying levels of complexity and risk.
- Set the vision for the service line's use of data, through data design, to meet business needs. Define the data strategies and principles for the service line.
- Design secure solutions - advise and enable technical teams to make security decisions and provide advice and guidance, ensuring the effective use of common tools and patterns.
Ideally your skills set will also include:
- Continuous delivery and integration
- Highly distributed systems
- Agile methodologies, TDD, BDD and SOLID Principles
- System integration, e.g. messaging, REST
- Experience with people/team management
- Cloud platforms, Azure / AWS
- API development
Please click and apply to hear more.