System Integration and Support Engineer
My client help enable organisations to understand the content and intent of the documents that they hold in their unstructured data stores.
They use machine learning and underlying big data technology to crawl, index and organise data instantly and at scale to make it searchable and actionable.
Over the last year they have grown their customer base and product extensively, including exciting technology and services projects with major UK brands and are now looking to expand their system integration and support team.
The "system integration and support engineer" will be responsible for supporting the client environment. The work divides into 2 main areas:
1 - System Integration
- Deployment, testing and troubleshooting of new product features
- Integration of the platform to new repositories
2 - Support
- Client requests, i.e. dealing with issues as they are logged.
- Preventative maintenance, i.e. monitoring, reporting, spotting issues before they get logged and looking for root cause and improvements in the platform.
The platform is a combination of our own hardware and software integrated as a cluster of appliances for the client.
Stack includes: CentOS; Hadoop; Postgres; Elasticsearch; and Custom Java Middleware
Experience deploying, integrating and troubleshooting custom application stacks is essential.
You'll be as comfortable demonstrating a new feature or joining a client call as you will be checking application logs, restarting services and delving into the heart of the system to troubleshoot an issue.
You must be able to demonstrate clear and logical thinking combined with the curiosity to understand the how, what, why and when of our technology.
Tech skills, to include:
- Operative linux knowledge
- JVM debugging understanding (profiling, memory settings, thread dumps)
- Familiar with multi-process and multi-thread environment
- Good understanding of HTTP and REST
- Comfortable with distributed and micro-service architecture
Junior DevOps Engineer, system integration, support, deployment, Newbury.