Service Desk Engineer
As a Customer Support Engineer within the company you will be joining a dynamic and customer focused operational team who are responsible for providing 24/7 care to our global customer base of around 2000 and growing rapidly.
The current opportunity is to join our 'Day' team based at our HQ in Nottingham.
Able to demonstrate your technical capability in 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support with a strong understanding of network technologies, VOIP/SIP you're clearly a competent trouble shooter, with a strong network and telecoms background with Voice and Data.
Our engineers recognise the significance of owning and resolving issues and you'll share that passion to deliver a first class customer experience.
Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload.
You have a positive outlook and an outgoing nature with the willingness and drive to learn and develop within a rapidly expanding organisation.
- Manage tickets assigned will be assigned to a Service Desk Engineer with agreed timescales for communication and resolution
- During the life cycle of the case the engineer will ensure all SLA's are met through the timely resolution and effective communication
- Using the CRM system to maintain real time accurate reporting of support cases
- Escalation of more challenging cases to support management
- Highlighting areas of risk as soon as they are apparent
- Working with the team to ensure daily case load is well managed
- Communicating effectively with Helpdesk Analysts to ensure they can effectively communicate with the customer
- When required responding to incoming support calls and routing as needed to assigned support engineers and/or creating new cases during the initial customer conversation.
- We are looking for a highly technical support engineer who has experience in:
- MS Operating systems (Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 7,Windows 8)
- Internet Explorer and Firefox
- PC Software applications install and modification
- Networks and Active Directory, strong understanding of networking technologies (including TCP/IP, DHCP, SIP, RTP, G.711, G.729, H.323, VLAN,QOS, and various WAN technologies)
- Any additional experience in the following would be favourable:-
- VOIP/SIP support
- Troubleshooting and resolving network/telecommunications issues
- Voice and data products including CISCO Routers & Switches, VMware MS Hyper-V technologies
- Technical certifications (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA, AVAYA)
- Previous experience in an organisation that develops and support software to global customers
- At least five years technical support experience within a software / hardware delivery function
- Has customer facing experience, being able to handle the pressure of supporting demanding customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant technical subject or qualified through equivalent experience
- A good understanding of the telecommunications industry or similar would be an advantage