* Reporting to the lead BI Developer, this is a challenging and varied role which involves development, support, and maintenance covering the portfolio of Desktop Systems.
* Delivering first line support and BAU changes in response to logged support calls
* Working closely with IT team members and the business to ensure solutions meet requirements.
* Managing changes through their life-cycle into Production
* To be responsible for day to day support and fix-on-fail maintenance of the portfolio of VBA systems that are managed by IT.
* Providing first-line response to support calls
* The timely delivery of BAU changes.
* Adherence to the software development life-cycle and development standards.
* Developing close working relationships with Application Support, MK IT and business teams.
* Ability to read and interrogate VBA and SQL at an in-depth level
* SQL and Access Database analysis
* Identifying issues and proposing improvement within the Database
* Re-Design of Database and realignment to strategic models
* Evolve existing Databases to become more robust
* Create efficiencies in database processes
* Delivery of process documentation
* Re-write business logic within stored procedures
* UAT Support
* Participate in the application architecture and provide input into the application infrastructure.
* Co-work with other corporate departments to achieve team and department and division goals.
* Ensure appropriate standards and procedures are adhered to during the development process to support a quality deliverables
* Work with a variety of business and technical contacts to gain a detailed understanding of their requirements.
* Work within a testing methodology and should illustrate a clear understanding of unit, integration and system testing.
* Be responsible for completing all mandatory training and to do so within required timescales
The role involves the use of leading SQL and VBA software development methodologies / technologies and analysis techniques. The purpose will be to support the IT element of application development involving the enhancement of existing systems. The team are in re-development of a number of highly complex, multi-interface databases. The roles include the development and enhancement to several existing critical databases. This role requires enhanced vetting as per the Referencing and Staff Vetting Policy. This role requires enhanced vetting as per the Referencing and Staff Vetting Policy.
Job knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required:
* Experience of software application development at a senior level
* Experience of Excel VBA Programming
* Experience using and developing SQL
* Knowledge of User Interface design
* Knowledge of Relational database design