SQL Database Developer
Location: Stoke (Not a Betting organisation)
Salary: Up to £50,000
Benefits: Free parking, 24 days holiday + Public Holidays, Death in Service, Contributory Pension Scheme, Health care cash plan, Free Technical training, personal career development plans, and other fantastic benefits!
Would you like to work for an award-winning organisation, and be part of a strong SQL and Data Development team working on up to date exciting Technical projects? If so, please carry on reading!
My client based in Stoke are Seeking a motivated, SQL Database Developer Lead to join their team, that is growing from strength to strength. Part of the role will include; working with a number of other Business SQL and Database developers on existing and upcoming technical projects. Other key areas for this role will be to Develop, Maintain, support any new SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Queries, other functionality that is needed, as well as Providing day to day support to the wider IT Department regarding data, databases and security.
Not only is this a great opportunity to join an exciting and strong Database team, that is considered as a key area for the business, they also have massive plans to grow this particular division. This is also a great chance to join a friendly, and fun Data team that have a work hard play hard attitude, this role and package also includes being offered the chance to free technical training as my client believes it is important to give all their staff the opportunity to enhance their Development and personal progression with bespoke personalised career progression plans.
- Ensuring business applications and services have robust up to date data, through the delivery of ETL processes from core trading platforms and 3rd party systems and data feeds
- Ensuring all data developments and processes are robust and secure, with all data protected and documented at all times. All developments must be reviewed and tested for known vulnerabilities, before being deployed into production
- Ensuring optimal performance of data processing platforms, including code optimisation and capacity management etc.
- Ensuring data dictionaries and models are robust and maintained on a regular basis
- Working with modern development lifecycle toolsets and methods of delivery, including test automation and "Continuous Delivery" approaches
- Working with 3rd party service provides in the configuration and maintenance of the corporate data environments, including Ms Azure hosted platforms
- Maintaining your own continuous professional development by participating in external networking/conferences/associations/groups, to stay current on industry developments and innovations whilst encouraging, supporting and coaching other team members in their own development
- Maintaining a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback
- Presenting a professional and positive image of the department, the team and the company as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationship
Essential key skills for the role:
- A high degree of commercial and operational awareness of data
- Robust and up to date knowledge and experience of technology and methods in the data space
- Robust experience of cyber, information, data security risks and how to ensure databases and systems delivered are highly secure
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to extract requirements from business stakeholders and to produce professional technical documentation
If you feel you have the relevant skills to be considered for this SQL Data Developer opportunity and would like to know further information, please forward an up to date version of your CV and I will contact you back within 48 hours to discuss this role in more detail.