Vacancy: SQL Database Administrator
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 (negotiable depending on experience)
DBA / Database Administrator / SQL 2012/ T-SQL / SSIS / SSRS /
Free Parking, 22 days holiday increasing with length of service to 27, Life assurance 4 x basic salary from day one, Medical Insurance (presently BUPA) after completion of Welcome Period, Pension 2% employee (increasing to 3% in April 2019) and 5% employer, Canteen on site, Birmingham Hospital Saturday Fund (health care scheme), Employee Assistance Programme (from day one), Free eye test every 2 years.
To support the Developers and business in the day to day design, implementation and maintenance of databases to meet the business needs
- To take full accountability for all aspects of production and development DBA work including reporting, data imports / exports / extracts
- Analyse business requirements and produce high level and detailed designs
- Manage change to existing databases
- Properly assess risk in current database architecture and propose solutions consistent with business needs
- Work with the Developers to create databases, tables, T-SQL, stored procedures and code reviews. This includes working on projects through full life cycle development, test, User Acceptance Test (UAT) and live environments.
- Take ownership of the performance and day to day monitoring of all production databases including performance tuning where appropriate.
- Responsible for configuring logging and disaster recovery level procedures to protect the business during a severe outage.
- Monitor SAN devices to provide optimal delivery of data to SQL servers.
- Develop strategies for ensuring the integrity of data stored in databases meets the company objectives.
- Maintain and write SSIS packages.
- Maintain and support the SSRS platform
- Troubleshooting all SQL Server environments.
- To achieve objectives and targets set
- Carry out reasonable tasks as requested by your line Manager
- Demonstrable commercial experience in a similar role ideally within a fast paced environment
- Previous and up to date experience of using SQL 2012
- Experience of SQL 2014 and Red Gate SQL backup would be beneficial but not essential
- Previous experience with high availability environments
- Ability to communicate confidently and accurately with internal IT colleagues, wider stakeholders at all levels including external suppliers
- Work proactively using own initiative to maintain excellent levels of service
- Ability to troubleshoot and proactively problem-solve database activity and connectivity issues
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work to strict deadlines
- Be aware of GDPR and security requirements.
- Adaptable, tenacious self-starter who is results orientated
- Demonstrate behaviour in line with Company values; Accountable, Energy and Enthusiasm, Don't Do Silver, United, Focused, Hungry, Spirited
If you would like to be considered for telephone interview, please apply below with your updated CV.
DBA / Database / Database Administrator / SQL / T-SQL / Development / SSIS / SSRS / Stored Procedures / Tuning / Production / Configuration / SAN