IT Solutions Architect
Perm: Up to £53, 685 depending on experience
The role of the `IT Solutions Architect` is to be responsible for the overarching technical and data architecture and design principles of the IT service delivery model through the integration of the underlying components including cloud-based services to ensure the overall integrity, confidentiality and availability of the service and data. The role requires engagement with internal and external stakeholders to understand business directions and technology and security specialists to design specific solutions.
If you have a passion for IT technology with technical depth but ability to see the big picture and operate at a strategic level, and excellent communication skills that underpin working with a variety of stakeholders, we`d be keen to meet you.
The key person attributes required to fulfil the role include; a passion for IT technology with technical depth but ability to see the big picture and operate at a strategic level; excellent communication skills that underpin working with a variety of stakeholders supported by a positive solution focused mindset and good analytical/problem solving skills; comfortable working under pressure; ability to drive and demonstrate initiative that can be channelled into research and design; and adept at leading teams or projects.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems architectures, interfacing, middleware, service and message bus architectures
- Comprehensive knowledge of cloud systems, their integration in hybrid architectures and cloud security
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems monitoring and capacity planning tools and techniques, eg SIEM
- Good knowledge of security principles and standards
- Sound knowledge of data management and warehousing
- Sound knowledge of local and wide area networking and network protocols including network virtualisation
- Good knowledge of systems hosting and management based on technologies such as VMware
- Sound knowledge of mainstream IT vendors' products & services i.e. Microsoft, Cisco, Dell, HP, etc.