We have a fantastic opportunity for a Software Test & Release Manager to join our market leading client based in Bracknell on a permanent contract. You will be working as part of the development and test team and you'll be responsible for the testing of secure desktop & mobile applications for internal and external clients, creation of test suites, test processes, test cases and test data. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a proven track record in a tester/QA role within a development, web and mobile environments
Key responsibilities and main purpose of the role:
- Testing of secure desktop & mobile applications for internal and external clients.
- Assess software quality with a mix of manual & automated testing. You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches in a timely manner.
- Creation of test suites, test processes, test cases and test data.
- Release of software builds to Live and Testing environments.
- Supporting Jira.
Development and Delivery:
- Test in different environments including web and mobile
- Identify system deficiencies and implement effective solutions.
- Carry out testing as per the defined procedures.
- Manage the CI system (Jenkins).
- Ensure that all test related work is carried out as per the defined standards and procedures.
- Document tests clearly, submit observations to the development team and help troubleshoot issues.
Key Aspects of the Role:
- A proven track record in a Tester/QA role
- Ability to interpret requirements into tests cases.
- Continually improve skills, utilising provided training materials, and seek to expand business knowledge.
- Develop, test and implement test code to best practice guidelines.
- Work to plans / deadlines provided, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and reports.
- Participating in and improving the Release Management process and configuring Jira.
- Ensure that communication to the business is professional, clear and appropriate.
- Work closely with other systems teams to ensure successful technical solution delivery.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the capability to analyse existing systems for enhancement
- Insight into cyber security and safeguarding the company's and client's data
- Working in an Agile, waterfall and hybrid approaches to projects
- Carry out performance testing, functional testing and scalability testing.
- Write and execute test scripts.
- Run manual and automated tests.
- Experience of supporting Jira
- Test in different environments including web and mobile.
- Write bug reports & Review documentation.
- Experience of releasing software builds (e.g. TeamCity, Jenkins, AWS)
- SQL (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
Beneficial skills and experience
- Experience of test management tools (e.g. TestRail)
- Experience with source control (e.g. Bitbucket)
- Experience with automated testing (e.g. Selenium, Appium)