SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT TECHNICAL LEAD
STOKE ON TRENT
£60 000 P/A
My client -global operation is driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. They are looking for Software Development Technical Lead - strong mentor, who is passionate about the latest technologies. Website deals with user registration, authentication, payments and account management - a set of responsibilities made increasingly complex due to the global and highly regulated nature of the business.
The team owns the full stack of each of the Web Members applications and services, incorporating change within an ongoing stream of customer, regulatory and technology improvements. All of this must be completed at pace in tandem with a full scale replat forming exercise which is taking place across the Members estate. Pragmatism and a focus on delivery for the business are paramount to the team's continued success.
You will have the experience and skills required to play their part in leading a team to deliver complex change to existing solutions while also enabling the creation of an efficient, scalable, enterprise class solution to replace the existing platform.
With a strong background in software development you will combine practical development skills with an ability to devise solutions to business problems and lead developers in the implementation. You will thrive in a fast moving and technologically innovative environment and provide technical leadership to a team of skilled technology professionals as well as recognising that maintaining and improving an existing platform alongside a large scale re-platforming programmes carry complexities and interdependencies that go beyond the simple rewrites of isolated software applications and will welcome these challenges as a necessary component of delivery of the new platform and maintenance of the existing business.
- Ensuring that you have an excellent understanding of the technical structure, domain and architecture of the systems the team is responsible for and how those systems are configured in the development and production estate
- Applying active governance around overall solution implementation, code quality and coding standards within the team
- Working with Architects, Development Managers and other colleagues in order to design and deliver technology solutions that solve business problems in line with the technical strategy of the department Driving the provision of scalable, maintainable, and performant systems
- Taking responsibility alongside the Team Lead for work estimation within the team, producing solution documents and estimates as required
- Mentoring members of the team and ensuring distribution of knowledge
- Contributing in a "hands on" capacity when required to help deliver complex aspects of the platform.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- .Net Framework - C#, MVC, VB.NET, WebForms
- Relational databases - e.g. SQL Server
- Object oriented frameworks
- Microsoft stack
- Distributed systems architecture
- High throughput, low latency systems
- Highly available / Multiple data centre systems
- Appreciation of SOLID / Clean coding principals
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Typescript / Vue.Js
- NoSQL Databases - e.g. Riak
- Container / Cloud based platforms
- Functional programming
- Linux OS
- Functional / Immutable data models Appreciation of creating testable code Load and performance testing.
If you would like to be considered for interivew, please send your current version of your CV.