Talent International are recruiting for a Contract software developer on behalf of one of our E-commerce powerhouses in the greater Manchester area.
This will be a long-term project running around 12 months and will primarily focus on Tool Re-write programme. You will sit in a team full of equally enthusiastic developer to make sure the project is completed on time with as little hassle possible.
- Delivering high quality, high performance solutions to business problems using Microsoft .Net technologies.
- Working on critical components in a fast paced enterprise scale environment
- Consuming diverse and complex data feeds and standardising to a core structure
- Improving the stability, scalability and robustness of our systems
- Driving technology change and implementing the right solutions
REQUIRED KEY SKILLS
Commercial development experience in .Net technologies (VB/C#)
- T-SQL and SQL Server
- Windows server side development (services, systems, messaging, middleware)
- Problem solving ability
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Delivery focussed and self-motivated
- Proactive and willing to contribute ideas
- High standards of work and attention to detail
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Experience of developing low latency, highly available and scalable solutions
- Experience of working in an environment with 1000s of transactions per second
- Any exposure to functional programming (such as Erlang, Go, Haskell, F# or Scala)
- Experience of distributed caching/memory clouds/no SQL databases
- Git version control
- Jira Issue Management
This is a excellent opportunity for a developer to grow and make a real difference in a exciting and fast paced environment