My client is currently looking for highly skilled Senior Software Developers with previous direct work experience with an NHS organisation to work on several projects that are currently underway there.
What you'll be doing
We are looking to recruit a highly talented, enthusiastic, motivated and experienced solutions developer ready to take a lead role in managing the development of national healthcare systems for clinical staff, patients and the public. For example, you will be developing clinician and patient e-Forms, web services to receive/transfer data and responsive web portals. This will involve a combination of in-house and open source software components.
What we are looking for?
Lead Software Developer candidates must be able to demonstrate extensive experience writing enterprise applications in languages such as Microsoft.NET [preferably using C#], XForms and other associated technologies, with a history of successful delivery into live service. A comprehensive understanding of Object Oriented Programming and the principles of good software design are essential. Candidates will be expected to have had several years' experience using agile development methodologies. They will be able to mentor colleagues, providing expert help, guidance and advice in addition to taking forward new ideas to continually improve the way we work.
Working as part of a wider development team you will take personal responsibility for ensuring applications follow the principles of good software design.
What specific skills do you need?
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate proven experience and strong skills in the following areas:-
- Excellent understanding of OOP and software design patterns.
- XML and associated technologies such as XForms, XPath, XPointer, XQuery and XSLT.
- NET MVC (4/5), .NET Core and the latest Microsoft .NET technologies (up to version 4.6).
- Responsive web design techniques.
- User interface design principles.
- SQL, NoSQL and Enterprise RDBMS.
- Unit testing frameworks such as MSTest, NUnit or Junit.
- Mentoring and coaching junior development staff.
Familiarity in the following areas will also be advantageous:-
- Server side programming using one or more of the following technologies:- CFML, PHP or Node.js.
- e-Forms solutions such as Orbeon.
- Search engines such as Apache Solr, and SEO.
- Apache / IIS / MSSQL server / JVM configuration and tuning.
- Agile development methodologies such as Scrum.
- Team Foundation Server and build tools such as Grunt.
- Previous Experience working for an NHS organisation HIGHLY desirable.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to grow your skills within a fantastic work environment, then apply today!