Senior PHP Developer
You will be working on a fintech Platform, disrupting the mortage space.
You will work as part of an agile team delivering solutions to meet a fast-moving industry. You will be based in the Bristol office.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Developing solutions based from technical specifications.
- Reading existing code and working closely with the team to deliver code that meets the coding style/standards agreed by the team.
- Performing code review based from on the coding standards put in place by the development team.
- Taking responsibility for your work from development all the way through to production.
- Writing tests for your code based on functional specifications.
- Working with our testing team to ensure any code produced is to a high standard and free from errors.
- Helping promote continuous incremental improvements in process ranging from increased automation to development/operations practices.
- Good communication with team members to share knowledge and create an enjoyable working environment.
- Being aware of new security threats and applying them to the context of the systems and services we provide.
- Understanding edge cases and ensuring a high attention to detail to your work.
- PHP, JS, CSS.
- Frameworks - Bootstrap/Jquery
- Docker - Development containers standardised across the team to match systems in production.
- Choice of IDE between PHP Storm, Atom, Subline Text and Eclipse.
- SQL - Particularly MySQL/MariaDB.
- Others - Encryption at the app, db and os layers, GIT, Jira, Sentry, Jenkins and more.
Required skills and experience:
- Great communication and being able to fit into a highly motivated team.
- Experience developing PHP applications/sites, non-framework specific.
- Experience with front end (JS/CSS).
Exposure to one or more of the following areas:
- Performance Testing
- Security Testing
- Database design / Index Optimisation
- Threat Modelling
- Using RESTful APIs
Beneficial skills and experience:
- Any maths experience or working with financial systems.