Senior Network Engineer x2
Contract Length: 3 months
London - (occasional travel to other sites)
£450 - £500
Security Clearance: Active SC
Minimum Requirement: Security Clearance
Full time role: 37 hours per week. Open 7am - 7pm - Weekly rota. Must be flexible.
Mixture of projects and BAU work; Rebuilding data centers / refreshing wifi networks and cloud migration etc.
Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues with network devices and network support issues
- 4 to 5 years of hands-on network engineering experience with Juniper platform SRX and EX series
- Good working knowledge of Firewall configuration and troubleshooting experience with Palo Alto - Working knowledge with F5 load balancers (LTM/APM)
- Experience with wireless network especially with Aerohive
- Deep understanding of networking routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF) - Experience with managing various VPN's and an understanding of IPSec.
- Possess a firm knowledge of 802.1q, 802.11 wireless standards and layer 2 switching standards and protocols (LACP, LLDP, VLAN, STP, RSTP etc)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Experience with the use of enterprise monitoring and management frameworks, such as SolarWinds, Nagios, Cacti, etc.
- Hands on experience of operational support and hardware implementation.
- Work with change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- The location is based in London but occasionally required to travel to other sites.