Senior Network Engineer
My Client are a financial services firm applying for a banking license and we're looking for IT talent to help build a new bank. Like other established firms, they have legacy applications that need maintaining, platforms that need migrating and new customer facing technology to be designed and developed.
They are growing rapidly (50% in the next 12 months), and are looking to hire a skilled Network Engineer to join at an exciting stage in the development roadmap.
Working as the Network Engineer you will play a pivotal role in a wide range of networking and IT security projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Network Engineer that has a passion for technology and wants to develop their career with a forward-thinking company.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities of the Network Engineer
- Planning, designing and developing LANs and WANs across the organisation including Wireless Networks, Routers, Hubs, Switches and other hardware
- Installing, monitoring, maintaining and optimization of all network hardware, software and communication links.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware and software upgrades
- Interact and negotiate with vendors to secure network products and services
- Design, implement and maintain VOIP phone system
- Design, implement and maintain Audio/Video systems
- Analyse and resolve network hardware and software problems
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports
- Manage network security solutions
- Collaborate with department heads to assess near-and-long-term network capacity needs
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment and other network appliances
- Network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes and service records
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network administration, usage and disaster recovery
- Ensure best practices and standards are followed
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience and success with LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Switches, Routers, TCP/IP and DNS design and implementation
- Prove experience with network capacity planning, network security principles and general network management best practices
- Proven experience with VOIP phone systems
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Able to effectively prioritise tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to work as part of a team and cross teams
Education & Certification
- Minimum of 5 years' network experience, with 2 years in firewall technologies; preferably Palo Alto
- Palo Alto Certifications (ACE / PCNSE) and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certificate or equivalent experience.