As a senior .NET developer in this product team, as well as supporting and iterating existing systems, you'll be designing and building systems used by staff and the public that make a genuine difference to people's lives. You'll make sure we build things the right way, keep live services running, staying up to date with the latest technologies and trends, whilst delivering working software early and often.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team with other developers, user researchers, service designers and technical architects. You'll be helping define how we do what we do, and ensuring that our systems can be changed rapidly. You'll be in a team leading support and development of major iterations of the services that our internal staff depend upon, with user needs at the heart of everything.
You'll have demonstrable experience of agile development in .NET and SQL Server, and a good working knowledge of cloud hosting and modern back end frameworks such as MVC.
An understanding of version control with Git would also be very useful, as would an awareness of automated testing techniques, modern deployment approaches, and how AWS cloud infrastructure is managed.
- Work closely with the users of the systems you support to understand their needs
- Be responsible for leading the development of product iterations based on user needs
- Build automated tests to support the continuous deployment environment
- Share knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team and community, both developers and non-developers
All our .NET developers must have
- A deep experience of application development using technology stacks including;
- .NET (ASP/ C#/ VB)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/8/10/14/16
- Visual Studio Team Services and/or Git
- A systematic approach to solving problems
- Experience of supporting and iterating live services
- Experience of modern development and deployment techniques, including continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience of working in agile teams
- Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge and working in a multi-disciplinary team
As a senior .NET developer you'll also have
- A strong commitment to supporting live services, taking responsibility for resolving issues and including others where needed
- The ability to quickly learn new languages and frameworks and willingness to pick the right tool for the job
- The ability to manage technical debt appropriately and proportionately
- Knowledge of open source principles and technologies
- Familiarity with practices such as TDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Experience of mentoring and supporting your colleagues, whether one-to-one or in groups
TDD / Test Driven Development / .Net / AWS / C# Software Developer / Agile BE Development / Product teams / TDD / Test Driven Development