Senior Interaction Designer
As a Senior Interaction Designer, your job is to design and lead on accessible public and internal services that are simple enough for everyone to use. You will be excited by the challenge of creating digital services that work across multiple channels, devices, browsers and platforms.
You will also want to lead on the direction of new patterns and standards. You will be able to see the bigger picture as well as the fine detail, and have a range of experience prototyping in code as well as the ability to communicate ideas clearly and succinctly on paper.
You will work in a multidisciplinary team, alongside user researchers, service designers, business analysts, content designers, product owners, delivery managers and developers to deliver world-class, user-centred services that help the government transform they way it delivers services, so that they are more efficient, simpler, faster and easier to use.
If selected for interview, candidates should be prepared to show a strong portfolio of design output that demonstrates user-centred design and be able to explain previous examples of the following:
- How you used data and research to influence design thinking
- The ability to communicate the vision and roadmap for a service you have worked on
- How you influenced stakeholders to make positive change
- Experience of working in agile teams
- Show how you have captured and synthesised output from workshops
- Be able to talk about how you encouraged collaboration in a previous team
- Assessed quality and driven continuous improvement
Senior Interaction Designer / design accessible digital services / devices / platforms / prototyping / GDS