Entrepreneurial Go /GoLang Engineer Needed To Help Build A World-Class Start-up.
My client is a well-funded IoT start-up that is positioned to disrupt and transform the commodities industries.
It was founded in 2018 and has a small, yet dedicated, team and the role provides a rare opportunity to influence the growth of an early-stage start-up with global ambitions.
What you'll do
- Develop an event-driven data pipeline to process the IoT data
- Design and build a suite of web services to support web and mobile apps
- Design a system that can accommodate a high volume of IoT sensor data
- Visit and work with customers to design solutions that fit their business needs
- Operate the services in production
- Develop automated tests for everything that goes into production
- Develop CI/ CD pipelines to deploy the different services
- Focus on using the appropriate technologies for Machine Max rather than trying to build Netflix from day one.
- Work in an agile environment
- Devops: Infrastructure-as-code describe the infrastructure in terraform
- Work with Google Cloud Platform
- Work on a modern technology stack without legacy code
Who you are
- An entrepreneurial software engineer who's motivating by getting a product into customers' hands
- At least a couple of years' commercial Go engineering experience
- Willingness to learn new technologies and continually improve
- Experience of agile processes
- Willingness to operate across the stack from data engineering to backend to devops
- Desire to work as part of a team: collaborating with product, design and business functions
- Enjoy solving difficult technical challenges
- Driven to deliver high-quality code with a focus on automated testing
- Continually looking to reduce the complexity of the systems
- Interested in contributing to business and commercial strategy
Why this opportunity is exceptional
- They are building a billion dollar company that will deliver exceptional experiences and make a big difference to millions of users
- This is a rare opportunity to build a truly global product from the ground up with people who really enjoy what they do
- They are committed to fostering a challenging yet supportive environment
- They strongly believe in personal development
- The members of the leadership team have extensive start-ups experience which is being applied to turning this enterprise into a big success story.
Go, GoLang, London, software engineer, software developer