Senior Content Designer
Description of services:
Working in a multi-disciplinary team to design user-centred content for claimants and staff. Building domain knowledge around that team's 'theme'. Collaborating with user researchers, interaction designers and other disciplines and stakeholders to identify the best ways to meet user needs within departmental and technical constraints. Working with content design colleagues to identify and implement improvements to existing content, working practices and processes. Supporting content colleagues by providing constructive feedback on their work. Helping non-content colleagues to understand the value of user-centred content design (as opposed to copy editing). Advocating for an evidence-based approach to content design decisions. Contributing to the creation and maintenance of content design guidance. Attending regular and ad hoc meetings with theme teams and the content team.
Key tasks and deliverable
You will be at ease working in an agile environment with rapidly changing deadlines, workloads and goals, and will:
- work with user researchers and other colleagues to identify and understand user needs, including attending user research sessions
- work with business analysts and other colleagues to understand departmental aims, policy intent and technical constraints
- create content to meet user needs within those constraints - mostly on a online service, but also in other channels, such as our wiki pages
- develop and apply content and format strategies for the service, possibly including training materials
- work on needs analysis to identify content gaps and overlaps
- manage relationships with subject matter experts to make sure content is accurate and ties in with the core proposition
- monitor the performance of content to understand user behaviour and feedback
- identify ways to improve the content and the tools and processes we use to design and create it
CV Deadline: Monday 1st April at 12pm
Interview Process: Telephone followed by in Person.