Senior BI Developer
Salary and package: £40k - £60k + Pension, Free Technical training, personal career development plans, and other fantastic benefits!
Would you like to work for a Market Leading and award-winning organisation, and be part of a strong Data team working on up to date exciting Technical projects that offers you the chance to work with PowerBI, Qlikview, Tableau "AND" Azure and Data Lake! If so, please carry on reading!
My client based in Nottingham are Seeking a motivated, self-starting Data Engineer (Senior) to join their team, that is growing from strength to strength. Part of the role will include; working with other Data Developers, DBA's and BI Developers on existing and upcoming technical projects.
This role and package also includes being offered the chance to free technical training that's incudes Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI Azure and Data Lake. This training will be provided and paid for by the Organisation, as my client believes it is important to give all their staff the opportunity to enhance their Development and personal progression.
Purpose of the Role:
- Engineer new and existing data models, platforms, and pipelines ensuring that they are both scalable and secure to support the growth of the Group going forward
- Collaborate with technical and business analysis teams to ensure that the most suitable and efficient technology is used, and that the correct user access protocols employed
- Identify potential performance issues, bottlenecks, and pain points; and recommend solutions, so that platforms remain available, performant, and can accommodate varying workloads
- Collaborate with the development team ensuring that data engineering is an integral part of the development process, following the best practices of source control, versioning, and testing
- Play a role in the maintenance of knowledge repositories, and the transfer of such to wider members of the IT department
- Mentor, support, and assist other team members and departments of the business as needed
Essential Skills / Experience:
- At least three years' experience in / exposure to SQL-Server, Oracle; or both
- Proficient in writing SQL with specific emphasis on the use of stored procedures, functions, and views
- Experience of developing, testing, improving, and maintaining / supporting highly available data-based infrastructure
- Experience in the MS BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Experience in / exposure to MS Azure (Data Lake, Data Warehouse, EventHub etc.)
- Experience in modelling data for data warehousing and business intelligence
- Experience in / exposure to analysis or visualisation tools such as Excel, Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Looker, etc)
- Knowledge of .NET, PowerShell, C#, Spark
- Ability to analyse data and communicate findings to stakeholders
- Confident in effectively communicating with technical and non-technical peers, and senior business stakeholders
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Practical understanding of cloud computing is a plus
- Big data experience / exposure is a plus
- Knowledge of the GDPR is a plus
- Experience in retail is a plus
If you feel you have the relevant skills to be considered for this Data Engineer opportunity and would like to know further information, please forward an up to date version of your CV and I will contact you back within 48 hours to discuss this role in more detail.