Security Architect - Transformation
We are currently recruiting for West Mercia Police who are undergoing a large-scale transformation. They are looking for a Security Architect with previous experience in infrastructural transformation.
- To be the professional lead and design authority on behalf of the Head of ICT for all aspects of ICT security.
- To provide expert and influential advice and guidance to the Information Security Manager, Head of ICT, SIRO, Technical Service & Enterprise Architects and senior stakeholders on ICT Security management, strategies, policies and practices;
- To undertake impact assessment of new legislation, threats, suppliers, services and solutions, to identify and initiate the development of new or changed ICT security controls, policies or procedures accordingly;
- To develop technical policies and standards and promote compliance in line with Government security, corporate policies and corporate or local procedures and legal and international security standards (e.g. HMG IA framework and ISO27001).
- As a core member of ICT's Intelligent Client Function (ICF) and overall management team, to be a key influencer and decision maker in respect of ICT governance, strategy, policy, planning, assurance, procedures and practices.
- As part of the ICT Management Team, to exercise excellent people skills (e.g. effective listening, empathy, insight and intellect) and to contribute to the mentoring, coaching and development of ICT team members.
- To create an environment of perpetual challenge, continuous improvement and innovation in respect of ICT Security, and ensure relevant proposals are proactively driven through the ICT Management Team and the enterprise design practice.
- Educated to degree level (Level 6) or equivalent in a related ICT discipline
- One or more recognised Security Qualifications such as ISC2's Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or HMG's CESG Certified Professional (CCP), or equivalent academic or professional security qualification;
- Significant evidence of ICT infrastructure disciplines (including UNIX, Windows, LAN / WAN / VLAN, VOIP, UC, firewalls, web servers, Citrix, IDS, cloud/hosted services) and/or systems and application development (including Oracle, Java, UNIX, Web Services);
- Extensive and proven track record of being the corporate lead on ICT Security matters;
- £50,000 - £54,500
- Discount in retail stores
- Discount on certain insurances - Car/Health
- Dental care
- On site gym
- 24 days annual leave rising to 33 + bank holidays
If you would like to hear more about this, please click and apply.