My Governmental Body client, based in Sheffield is seeking to recruit a Security Architect on a 6-month contract at a day rate of 650.
The individual will drive beneficial security change into the business through the development or review of architectures so that they:
- Fit business requirements for security
- Mitigate the risks and conform to the relevant security policies
- Balance information risk against cost of countermeasures
- Ensure security is implemented in a consistent way across the programme, and drive the overall design
- Working with agile developers and testers to review code, run and manage security tests and provide security assurance the resultant code is safe from a security perspective
- Working to articulate current risks against the system, the proposed mitigation and support the on-going accreditation process
- Creating, running and managing the security processes and procedures, both technical and not, to maintain the security of the system, personnel, and appropriate environments
- Security architecture for the design of secure digital services
- Security principles for the programme
- Agile development and programme staff security education
Essential Skills and experience:
- Experience in delivering security within Internet facing, transactional digital services
- Secure systems - designs and reviews system architectures through the application of patterns and principles to reduce cyber security problems
- Threat modelling and analysis - preform structured analysis of proposed or implemented systems to identify likely cyber security problems. Propose realistic and pragmatic mitigations that address these problems and work with the products/project team to implement these effectively into their work
- Enabling and informing risk-based decisions - working with risk advisors to advise and give feedback advise on risk impact
- Specific technology and security understanding - Has knowledge of system architectures, able to understand and articulate the impact of vulnerabilities on existing and future designs and systems and is able to articulate a response.
- Has good knowledge of a range of systems but many specialise in one.