Second Line Support Engineer
Location: Stoke - (NOT A GAMBLING COMPANY)
Salary: £24,000 + Free parking, Flexible working, Pension, Personal Career Development plans for all staff, and the list goes on!
Would you like the opportunity to work for an award winning and thriving organisation, that also prides themselves as an organisation that invests in their staff by putting Innovation with technology at the top of their priority when it comes to IT. If so, then please carry on reading!
This organisation have recently moved in brand new state of the art offices, and have gone through some major expansion that has resulted in lots of internal promotions, brand new IT divisions, lots of recent acquisitions of other companies and a much bigger platform to progress their staff, as staff retention as well as staff personal/Career development is at the front of this Clients list, as they believe if their staff are happy, then it creates a better environment and they will succeed together.
This Client has recently implemented a number of new technologies within their IT department and are looking to bring in another x3 Second Line Support Engineers for the Infrastructure team that is continuing to grow. They are currently working on some exciting new and challenging green field projects, so this is an opportunity for someone who wants the chance to be part of a friendly team that is recognised as key players in the organisation.
My client understands that it is business critical to have a Infrastructure department, so you will get the opportunity to work closely with some extremely talented Infrastructure staff and be part of a team that will shape the future of the organisation.
Purpose of role:
- ensuring the availability, integrity and performance of IT infrastructure
- pro-actively review the IT infrastructure to identify areas for improvement
- maintaining documentation of IT infrastructure and associated processes
- working with IT Support Team to resolve issues
- design and provision IT solutions to support Group strategy, including supporting documentation
- assist both Database and Software Development Teams as required
- adhering to and ensuring the enforcement of all Group policies
- assist in the review and amendment of Group information security policies
- create and maintain documentation, including systems configuration, processes, test and project plans
- timely escalation of issues to IT Operations Manager.
Technical Key Skills
- Proven experience and understanding of Windows 2003 - 2016 Server core services and Active Directory management (including Group Policy, login scripts and roles)
- Experience of VMWare, including maintenance and provisioning
- Experience of installation and supporting of Microsoft Exchange 2003 - 2016 (O365)
- Excellent working knowledge of core networking services - e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, RDP, SNMP, LDAP, Kerberos
- Networking skills - e.g. switching, routing, VLANs, PoE, WLAN, MPLS
- NAS / SAN storage infrastructures
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management
- Experience of Automated Monitoring and Alerting
- Knowledge of Avaya telephony systems an advantage.
- Knowledge of UCS is an advantage
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities, multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability in complex technical landscapes
- IT related Degree and/or Microsoft certifications - MSCE, MCITP
- Proven ability to produce high quality deliverables in terms of content and presentation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
To apply for this Second Line support role please send an up to date CV, and you will be contacted within 48 hours with a response to your application