Senior Solutions Architect - London
£100 000 - £120 000 P/A
My client is looking for a senior solutions architect with specialization in SAP ERP platform and can manage both technical and functional competencies at an architecture level.
The role is full time based in London, UK and will report into Global head of service delivery for the program. The role involves taking end to end accountability for supporting the highly integrated SAP enabled business solutions landscape as part an ongoing multiyear IT Managed Services program for a large utility customer in the UK.
The position requires a strong solution architecture background with specialization in SAP technology. Someone who brings both depth and width in a business lead approach and a holistic technology outlook along with demonstrable stakeholder management experience at the C-level with an ability and attitude to influence and advise
The candidate should have about 14- 16 years of overall relevant experience in the areas of full lifecycle ERP implementation and ongoing support using SAP ECC 6.0 stack based both at client site and offshore.
As a senior solutions architect you will be the go to person on all matters SAP implementation at the client side - aka company's design authority for SAP handling both advisory and support activities
The role expects hands on practitioner lead approach to solution architecture, high degree of customer engagement/interaction at C level (CIO and Business Directors) on a regular basis. Extensive collaboration with a large delivery partner and group of vendors delivering various IT services with company being the final accountable delivery partner.
Industry knowledge and experience
- Custodian of customers SAP landscape - design and technology
- Lead from front while working closely with the SAP functional and technical teams to ensure the SAP estate is fit for purpose and is available for its intended use
- Give special attention to performance issues impacting the customer experience and satisfaction - assess the situation and provide recommendation to resolve issues
- Represent the company and lead from front in all architecture and solution governance and other related meetings as needed
- Maintain the Knowledge Repository for Architecture & Design documentation relating to the current service
- Deliver to the customers architecture standards for documentation and technology
- Able to advise the CIO office on emerging technology trends such as S/4 HANA and other developments that could benefit customer
- Responsible for customer Engagement and delight to highest levels of customer satisfaction (CSR 4/5) - Proactive and regular interactions with CIO and other business directors. Gain confidence and trust through technical authority and delivery track record
- Partner and Vendor Management - Effectively collaborate and manage the partner ecosystem
- Team management - Ensure the team is motivated, proactive and skilled to deliver customer commitments at all times
- Bachelor or Master's degree in technology and/or management from a reputed institute
- Certificates relevant to the role (Ex: TOGAF)
- Knowledge and understanding of business processes for a power distribution utility
- Experience of supporting a large SAP ECC 6.0 implementation serving 6000+ user base with high degree of customisation across all modules (front office , back office , CRM , SRM , SAP Mobile , MRS)
- Ownership and accountability - Proactive in nature, owns the problem till resolved and not a 9-5 person, able to roll up sleeves/go the extra mile and not a mere delegator
- Must have experience of advising and delivering solutions using agile methodology
- Experience of advanced versions in SAP Digital (SAP HANA)
- Good understanding of enterprise data and integration architectures
- Demonstrable experience of implementing an integrated Work and Asset management solution
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to deliver meaningful presentations to senior customers
- Passionate team player/leader, able to motivate and manage culturally diverse team to success
- Have a proven ability to be able to take a 'big picture' strategic view as well as being able to work at a detailed level across a broad range of enterprise IT solutions
- Have worked in the utility domain
- SAP ECC 6.0 Stack (Experience with SAP PM module will have the added advantage)
- Work and Asset management experience required
- Stakeholder Management at C-Level (CEO, CIO, Business Directors) - Executive governance, reporting, escalations, customer satisfaction
- Technical leadership - Advisory to senior customers on new and emerging technologies, guidance to team - expected to be up to date on technology trends, benefits and risks
- Team Management of large diverse multicultural team of technical experts, consultants
- Vendor, Partner Management - Managing a team of delivery partners and technology vendors with end accountability
- Utility industry experience is desirable.
Please apply with your updated version of your CV, suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours.