Robotics Software Engineer / AI / Python / Robotics
An exciting opportunity to join a leading computer vision start up that combines deep learning, artificial intelligence, and computer vision to change the economics of industries by creating solutions for real world problems.
The current project is developing the first viable automated handwork robot for glasshouse vegetables which will have a revenue opportunity of $13.2 billion. Working as part of a team, you'd look at problems like integrating new robotic arm systems and components, linear tracks, moving platforms, and optimizing them for speed and task-efficiency, validating results in the lab and in the field.
It's a great opportunity to learn more about cutting-edge machine learning and computer vision too. Joining this small but rapidly growing team, you'll be given the opportunity to help define the culture of the company as it expand, in addition to working alongside a leading technical team of software engineers and PhD researchers, with extensive commercial experience, patents and publications.
- Assist the research team with integrating new technology / research into our stack - improve software quality whilst preserving research velocity
- Develop ROS support / integration for mobile platforms, robotic arms, linear actuators and sensors
- Lead fixes (and get hands dirty) on critical important and urgent tasks
- Test, debug and tune the robot software stack
- Produce technical reports and documentation
- BSc. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, mathematical engineering or undeniably equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years commercial experience in a relevant role.
- Desirable candidates with have an MSc or PhD in a relevant field.
We make use of advanced deep AI Computer Vision, robotics, autonomous vehicles and Machine Learning technologies, so any experience there is a major advantage. Similarly, our work is driven by statistics-based research, so project experience in those areas would help enormously.
- Python skills and good ROS knowledge (and can upskill the team)
- Strong motivational skills, creative technical thinking and clear communication
- An active Github profile or code repo you're proud to share
- Good understanding of mathematical concepts (linear algebra, matrices, statistics)
- Experience working with electromechanical systems (e.g. linear axes, motor drivers, position encoders, sensors) for a software-controlled application
- Control loop design and optimisation
- Algorithmic understanding of motion/path planning; kinematics
- Worked with or developed low level hardware drivers
- Working knowledge of deep learning, machine learning and computer vision
Salary: £40K - £65K + Stock Incentives