Our client is looking to recruit a Project Manager who will be accountable for delivery of significant UK IT projects, focusing on the integration of new equipment into various offices throughout the UK. The role will involve replacing and upgrading all the IT equipment, integrating the software and digital imaging solutions and telephony. The ideal candidate would have a good technical background in a windows server environment and can demonstrate strong organisational and project management skills along with understanding and confidence to bring various teams together such as Infrastructure, Field Engineering, application development, suppliers to deliver the project.
Whilst the position will be based at the Bristol Support Centre, regular and extensive travel in the UK and occasionally abroad will be required.
The key responsibilities include the following:
- Delivery of integration project plans and actions in line with business SLA's
- Ensure all stakeholders are supporting pre and post completion actions
- Build rapport and strong relationships
- Identify any areas of risk, concern and agree next steps and action plans with relevant stakeholders
The requirements for this position are:
- Knowledge of software and digital imaging systems
- Flexibility to meet the demands of a growing business across a wide geographical area
- High proven levels of communication, ability to build rapport and organisational skills (including written and verbal)
- The ability to work under pressure, deliver to tight deadlines and manage professional stakeholders
- Attention to detail at all times in all forms of communication
- Ability to manage several projects working with internal and external stakeholders
Accountabilities and Responsible Activities:
- The role will be part of the IT Integration team and report to the Integration Programme Manager. You will have no direct line management responsibilities.
- To identify, understand, plan and manage technology dependencies and critical path within the UK technologies.
- Responsible for working to assure technology readiness.
- To establish and manage effective and trusted relationships with key UK stakeholders and IT project stakeholders.
- To align with the appropriate IT project governance and reporting frameworks within UK.
- Ensure robust and measurable IT submissions exist for each project, with clearly identified and traceable commercial outcomes at all times.
- Effectively engage and manage the dependencies with the IT shared services.
- Effectively engage and manage external vendors.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance of IT projects to applicable regulatory bodies.
- Responsible for IT plan & critical path
- Responsible for IT project execution and monitoring
- Responsible for IT project activity definition, sequencing, duration, schedule development & control
- Responsible for IT project resource planning, cost estimating, budgeting and cost control
- Responsible for IT project quality planning, quality assurance, project compliance and control
- Responsible for IT project risk & identification management
- Responsible for IT risk mitigation plans and plan implementation
- Responsible for IT project risk monitoring & control
- Responsible for IT project scope management
- Responsible for managing IT dependencies
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Proven work experience as a Project Manager or similar role
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
- Solid organisational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Strong working knowledge of project management tools (Microsoft Project, Trello …)
- PMP / PRINCE2 certification is a plus
- You have a responsibility for the security of our clients information and information systems accessible to you, including:
- The protection and preservation of confidentiality, integrity and availability of information and information systems from unauthorised use, disclosure, modification or destruction;
- An awareness of information security policies, practices and relevant guidance appropriate to your role in the organisation;
- Compliance with security policies and procedures related to the information and information systems you use; and
- The reporting of vulnerabilities or incidents affecting security or security policy compliance to the Group IS Security Manager or the Group Information Protection Manager.