Talent International are looking for an experienced and proven project manager to join one of our esteemed E-commerce clients based in the greater Manchester region. Which turnover annually excess of £1bn
Our client is going through an exciting time of transformation which is ever changing and ever expanding to cater to the demand of the customer.
This will be a 12-month position working on a key programme of work, you will be responsible for a team to make projects are completed in budget and within deadlines.
The position will have the chance of flexible working hours
OWNERSHIP AND ENGAGEMENT
- The full ownership of running projects from initiation, through to the delivery and closure, working towards the agreed timescales.
- Full responsibility for ensuring all projects are resourced, planned and controlled correctly, using the tools necessary to manage scope, time, risk and quality.
- Work with business and IT stakeholders to define the scope and solutions of projects, leading on the resolution of issues as necessary.
- Working with our delivery stakeholders, clearly define detailed delivery and implementation plans to support project delivery.
- Ensure the relevant project stakeholders are engaged appropriately.
- Escalate as appropriate to the Project Portfolio Manager and the Head of Projects to ensure swift and suitable resolutions are found.
- Engage Third Parties where necessary, to align milestones and ensure effective communication.
- Budget Management and tracking.
- Working directly with appointed team and technical leads, as well as other project team members to provide
- Following delivery, provide lessons learned and activity based actions to improve the department's delivery capabilities.
- Manage changes in scope and priorities in an effective and controlled manner.
REPORTING AND RISK/ISSUE AWARENESS
- Monitor and track progress against project phases, milestones and deliverables.
- Track and report against project status on a regular basis, providing detailed updates as necessary to senior stakeholders and management.
- Ensure project risks and issues are managed effectively, from identification, through to closure.
- Ensure that key assumptions and decisions are recorded and validated.
- Provide clear communication on all projects under your management, ensuring all stakeholders are kept up to date as appropriate
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- Experience working within a large IT function specialising in the delivery of complex projects.
- Experience managing simultaneous deliveries across a variety of technology platforms and software.
- Experience of both Waterfall and Agile methodologies, and in particular pragmatism when defining the most appropriate delivery approach for the work required to best support the requirements of the business.
- Experience using and tracking work in Atlassian Jira.
- Experience managing projects covering transformation and technical re-writes, using such technologies as VB6, .Net, SQLServer, RIAK, Erlang.
- Experience working within a larger programme of work, recognising cross-dependencies and programme level change and impact.
- Whilst not essential, qualifications in recognised project management methods are desirable
To find out more please can you send your most recent CV