Principal Product Manager - IAM / Security - PAAS
As a Principal Product Manager working on the next generation platform and User Access & Identity Management.
You will be tasked with driving the delivery of the product through go-to-market and launch activities, ensuring full pull through of the product across its respective geographies. You will be the deep expert on your product domains and so will be responsible for coordinating, educating and supporting other teams.
You will have a deep product and agile understanding, with experience working within a shared platform environment providing functionality that is consumed by other product teams and end users. The ideal candidate will combine their technical and strategic thinking with their understanding of the latest innovations and technologies, to create new experiences for our users.
You should be a strong motivator and possess excellent interpersonal skills required to communicate and coordinate the activities of a diverse set of cross functional engineering, product management, UX, support and customer facing professionals.
You will be passionate about what they do, always put the user first, and be looking to keep your hands dirty with creating new, easy to use and visually appealing experiences, while exploring new techniques and the science around how best to achieve results.
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary, international people; our team is made up of product, development, and UX people.
- Have the opportunity to influence and direct our business in your product domains and delivery.
- Meet with customers, users and internal stakeholders, where you will need to maximise your observational skills in order to understand and interpret not just what users say but do, driving deep discovery with consumers to identify real user needs and product value opportunities.
- Have the freedom to innovate and experiment; we are looking for people who will not be afraid to take ownership and push new ideas forward.
- Communicate Product Roadmap. Help define and drive the product strategy and associated product deliverables. Have a clear understanding of the product roadmap to be able to communicate to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure products are fit for each geographical market once launched. Working alongside marketing, sales and other teams to ensure the product offering is clear and fully integrated into the business, demo product developments, training courses, sales collateral, etc. to ensure that business objectives are achieved.
- Develop business cases and return on investment for new opportunities to drive product innovation.
- Align product offerings with strategic direction, where appropriate develop migration strategies from legacy sunset functionality to innovative next generations solutions.
- Maximise Product Launch Results. Work with team to define effective launch goals, identify and prioritise launch strategies, assess organisational readiness, and measure post-launch results. Provide regular feedback about the state of the market, and ensure Sales, Marketing and Product Management are not isolated from changes in the marketplace.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders representing each assigned vertical
- Act as user champion when coordinating product development with business stakeholder and align all development activity with business goals and priorities.
- Work with other Product Managers where appropriate to develop user stories, working with the product SCRUM teams to clarify requirements balances business needs with technical requirements, and recommend alternative technical approaches to meet design requirements when needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive product management experience; at least 5 years of experience within an agile product environment is essential.
- In the content of system security, solid understanding of user management and access rights to control data and functionality availability and access
- Experience of working and managing 3rd party partners, APIs and their roadmaps
- Deep understanding and experience of using analytics tools to understand user behaviour, product trends, marketing strategy, conversion metrics, opportunities to optimise product, etc.
- Understanding of user experience and how to communicate ideas to UX people.
- Knowledge of new technologies and current web trends.
- Experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment preferred.
- Ability to creatively and functionally translate user and business needs, taking into consideration technical capabilities.
- Experience of working and managing 3rd party partners and their roadmaps