£250 - £300 per day
£250 - £300 per day
Role: PMO Officer
Contract Length: 3 - 6 months
Location: City of London
Day Rate: £250-£300
As a PMO Officer will be responsible for ensuring that programme related administrative support services across all projects are in place and that there is effective communication between the programme and business. This role will give you a fantastic opportunity to learn how a large and complex portfolio operates as well as develop a broad range of effective business skills.
* Oversee day to day management of the PMO Administrative team
* Management of the end-to-end procedures relating to all aspects of the project lifecycle
* Monitor the delivery of work streams against plans, chasing and challenging progress as appropriate
* Provide Governance & secretariat support by completing end-to-end processes relating to the Programme Board/Design Authority/Technical Design Authority groups
* Provide secretariat support to steering groups
* Assist the PMO Manager with drafting documentation and reports, and preparing procedure and guidance documentation in conjunction with Project Managers;
* Identify and resolve operational problems, escalating more complex and difficult issues upwards to relevant members of the Programme team
* Assist with the support and maintenance of "best practice" in Programme processes
* Apply Continuous Improvement principles, tools and techniques to working practices to improve efficiency of operations
* Provide support to the Programme Director by way of setting up meetings, calendar management & answering queries as they arise
* Oversee and manage performance trackers, workload pressures and resources relating to the Administrative team
* Experience of building productive relationships with internal and external Stakeholders such as project managers and business owners; including the identification of risks, issues and dependencies and seeking agreements/trade-offs to keep delivery on track.
* Ability to work to tight timescales, managing your priorities and ensuring delivery of quality products.
* Ability to communicate clearly to a non-technical audience
* Previous experience in a Project or Programme environment, including:
* Creation and maintenance of delivery plans, ideally for a portfolio, so that delivery, costs and benefits can be identified and managed.
* Analysis to determine impacts of changes and inform strategic decision making.
* Identifying, managing and resolving strategic risks and issues so that delivery remains on track.
* Dependency identification and management so that accountabilities and responsibilities are clear and can be tracked.
* Knowledge of project and/or programme management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, MSP etc).
If this sounds like something you are looking for, please click apply or give Laima a call on 01173320826