Position: QA Performance Engineer
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, your responsibility will be ensuring the quality of software releases through extensive performance testing. The platform scales to billions of individual files and operates at petabyte scale. Using the latest automation and performance load testing technologies and frameworks you will be responsible for assessing the performance of all aspects of the platform; from the speed at which we can access emails on an Exchange server all the way down to our OCR performance.
- Writing, maintaining and improving our suite of performance tests. You will be the first performance engineer, so we'll be looking to you to lead this effort!
- Working with the development team to identify new areas for potential improvement and providing feedback
- Staying on top of the state-of-the-art with regards to performance testing frameworks and tooling
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Identify, record, thoroughly document and track bugs
- Performing thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system
- Mentoring junior members of the QA team
- Tracking quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
- Setting up test environments (Exchange, Sharepoint, Office 365 etc) and generating test data
- Technical degree/similar or demonstrable QA experience
- Comfortable in a linux environment
- A "Can-do" startup aptitude
- Familiarity with databases/big data stores a plus
- Familiarity with performance testing and associated tooling
- Interested in learning about cutting-edge Big Data technologies
- Excellent communicator
These guys are a rapidly growing software company with a product which crawls and indexes the content of large unstructured data stores to make information reportable and searchable. The product is deployed in large programmes from Cyber Breach and privacy to Cloud Migration. Demand for the product is increasing dramatically in light of European Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and therefore the pace of change is fast and flexible. All this big data insight is surfaced through a rich, modern web application, making heavy use of dynamic visualisations and charts - a challenge for any tester!
performance test engineer, automation, test analyst, big data, QA, testing