Senior Performance and Availability Engineer - Swindon - 3 month initial contract with likely extensions.
One of Talent's leading clients is creating a formal Performance and Availability Engineering function in its Engineering division to co-ordinate performance engineering across the company.
We are looking for experienced performance and availability engineers to join the team, assisting development teams in the creation of high performance and highly resilient systems.
You will be involved from the design phase of projects onwards, providing specialist assistance in defining the technical architecture of the system from a performance and resilience point of view, right through to hands on system optimisation as well as being able to provide consultancy and define and embed best practice across the organisation.
Must have demonstrable experience in…
- Carrying out performance and resilience related architecture and design activities
- Performance tuning complex applications
- Defining performance and resilience non-functional requirements
- Carrying out design and code reviews
- Performance modelling
- Conducting live incident support
- Contributing to capacity estimation
- Experience of working in multi-tier architectures involving microservices, ESBs etc.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
They have a wide array of technology stacks at Nationwide but if you have experience in any of the following it would be beneficial… IBM IIB, IBM MQ, Kafka, full Microsoft stack, RedHat OpenShift/Kubernetes, DB2, Cassandra, SQL Server etc..