Role: Ethical Hacker/Penetration Tester
Location: Central London
Contract length: 6 months
Pay rate: £550 - £600 per day
I am currently looking for a Penetration tester for a new role working for a digital hub on a greenfield project in London on an initial 6-month contract - £550 - £600 p/d.
As an Ethical Hacker/Penetration tester, you are tasked with continuously discovering, communicating and explaining security vulnerabilities to product teams, and automating this where practical.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, supervise or directly manage a team of Digital Security Specialists;
- Lead on development of plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorised modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs;
- Confer with users to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes;
- Monitor current reports of computer viruses to determine when to update virus protection systems;
- Modify computer security files to incorporate new software, correct errors, or change individual access status;
- Coordinate implementation of computer system plan with establishment personnel and outside vendors;
- Train users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
- Carrying out security vulnerability and penetration testing on Digital products developed with Agile methodologies and continuous integration.
- Developing and maintaining automated security testing tools.
- Recommending fixes for vulnerabilities in products, infrastructure, and processes.
Skills & Qualifications
- Evidence of exposure to vulnerability and penetration testing methods
- Understanding of virtualisation and cloud technologies. Knowledge of Amazon Web Services, infrastructure and cloud security
- Experience of use of open Source technologies and tools (e.g. Linux, MongoDB, Postgres, Nginx, PHP, Ruby, Python).
- Evidence of exposure to security and penetration testing tools. Understanding of Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP). and other security standards or best practices Desirable Criteria:
- CHECK Team member, equivalent, or awareness of methodologies used.
- Experience of agile working environments.
- Awareness/experience of physical Security issues.
- Awareness of social engineering.
- Static program analysis skills.
- Experience of fuzzing used as a means of testing web applications.
If you would like to considered for the role please apply or get in touch with Katherine Clarke on 01173320813 or katherine.clarke @ talentinternational.com