Contract Length: Until end of December with a view to extend until Feb
IR35: In Scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £450 - £500
Note: This is not a general project accountant role
To be the Project Accounting (PA) Oracle module specialist, supporting the transition from existing applications (Oracle) to Oracle Fusion applications, including the following areas:
* Requirements clarification and amendments to existing processes;
* Solution design workshops and solution validation and testing;
* Data migration and cleansing activities and data reconciliation;
* Understanding business reporting requirements and developing reports; and
* Supporting user acceptance testing and business readiness activities.
This is a key role in ensuring that Fusion ERP implementation is successful. The role is critical to ensuring public sector organisation maintains a sound, effective and efficient Project Accounting and Budgeting system and processes, on which to accurately update, monitor and report on corporate & project finances and budgets, whilst meeting the needs of key stakeholders within Finance and across the business.
The role also proactively seeks to identify improvements and implement remedial actions that will benefit the Fusion ERP implementation project and the organisation.
At least 2 years PQ experience of using Oracle Projects module.
* Excellent Oracle Project Accounting Module skills or Project Accounting Super User skills with strong technical accounting enabling issue resolution;
* Examples of using Oracle Fusion
* A good understanding of Planning & Budgeting System ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems and their application to meet Management Information requirements developed in a financial accounting and reporting context;
* Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills, including experience of presenting effectively to stakeholders and persuading and influencing senior decision-making;
* Effective written communication skills including in clear drafting and presentation of training material and technical information for non-technical decision makers and users;
* Evidence of ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
* Demonstrable skills in transferring ways of working and capability to other staff;
* Excellent planning and organisational skills;
* Advanced MS Excel skills, to aid analysis and reconciliation;
* Experienced user of other MS Office applications.
* Hands-on experience as Oracle Projects Accounting Module implementation subject matter expert;
* Experience of Projects Options Evaluation and business case development in the Public Sector;
* Experience of managing business change, establishing new business processes and promoting improvements in business process and systems;
* Experience of Project Accounting processes and use of finance systems in the Public Sector;
* Experience of managing and developing project forecasts and budgets using a computerised financial planning & budgeting system;
* Experience of using a cloud-based planning & budgeting system;
* Strong experience of using analytical and deduction skills to solve and fix control issues as they arise;
* Good team player with strong sense of ownership.
* CCAB Qualified
* Experience of Oracle Fusion - Projects Accounting
* Experience of Oracle Planning & Budgeting Cloud Service and Reporting functionality
* Experience of Oracle Hyperion Reporting functionality