One of Talent Internationals leading clients have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced MS SQL DBA to join the team within the City Centre Manchester office.
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Microsoft Database Administrator looking to build a career in professional services.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for managing and maintaining the SQL Server Database environment along with helping set out the Database Architecture and Strategic Roadmap
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to have the following skills and proven experience:
- Strong and recent experience of designing, building and managing SQL Server 2008 - 2016 instances and databases in a complex mission critical environment.
- Expert in performance tuning Microsoft SQL setup with experience in establishing system metric baselines to help provide real-time capacity and performance metrics.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL licencing; future features, patch management of SQL environment
- Responsible for the release process with respect to database changes.
- Strong understanding of transactional processes
- Strong experience in Microsoft SSRS; SSIS and ability to ensure efficient SQL is used - thereby ensuring performance is optimised.
- Governance- ownership, change control, including managing reporting and release management.
- Strong working knowledge of monitoring tools such as SolarWinds
- Strong Server 2012 Operating Systems running on a large scale, multi-datacentre VMWare infrastructure are tuned to the most optimum standard.
- Practical experience of using Windows Clustering; SQL Server Log Shipping and Mirroring; Always-On (High Availability)
- Knowledge of Backup and Recovery techniques using SQL Server Backup/Restore
- SQL, T-SQL Programming experience
If you are interested in hearing more about this MS SQL DBA (SSRS/SSIS) role based in Manchester City Centre offering up to £35k DOE please click on the link to apply