Talent are currently working with one of the leading financial organisations in the UK to recruit a number of people for their Data Innovation team.
As the Metadata Lead you will play a key role in creating their Enterprise Metadata hub by providing content, classification and understanding of the data that exists in their system.
You will be responsible for developing their metadata strategy and leading a team of people to implement it.
You will need to have led data teams or architected enterprise scale metadata solutions and be an avid relationship builder with a great grasp of the English language. You will be passionate about taxonomies, classifications, definitions, structure and the meaning inherent in data.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in strategy development and/or architecture/business planning roadmaps.
- Must have led a data team whether BI/MI, analytics, data science, metadata, data governance, data quality etc.
- A solid understanding, ideally certified, in a data management framework such as DAMA DMBoK, CMMI DMM, EDM etc.
- Exposure to data lineage, cataloguing, tagging or big data.
- A pragmatic, energetic and driven data leader who can assess the strategic landscape and balance the tactical demands of the business.
- Experience working with stakeholders to identify and resolve data issues, conducting impact /gap/root cause analyses to identify bottlenecks and solutions.
- Experience in developing new and optimising existing processes in an ambiguous environment.
- Ability to understand and explain complex issues from both a technical and a business perspective.
- Excellent communication skills, in particular the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders including senior leaders.
- Excellent grasp of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Exposure and literacy in architecture frameworks TOGAF, Bizbok, Archimate, Zachman.
- An understanding of metamodels and metadata frameworks.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing organisation as they undergo their next phase of growth.
This is an urgent requirement and the client will be looking to interview as soon as possible. If you are interested in this role, please send a copy of your updated CV.