Would you like to change the world? You can do this by joining a company that is on a mission to make truly environmentally conscious and just better products! Become a member of this exciting company of leaders and innovators who consistently follow business practices that are genuinely ethical and socially just.
Job role: Magento Developer
Location: London (North West- convenient & accessible part of London)
Salary: £50 000 p/a
My client will never compromise on quality and will only produce products that are best in class, while remaining sustainable. It is important to give back to the World along the way and this company is just fantastic at doing so by being in official partnership with variety of charities.
My London based client is looking for a bright and likeminded individual who will join the team on their exciting journey of boundless ambition of making this World a better place through their business.
- Private Health Insurance
- Rewards Program (discounted gym membership/travel/cinema/shopping)
- £50 per month (net) fitness allowance **
- Staff discount on company products - up to 35 %
- Starting 23 days paid leave per annum increasing by 1 additional day for each year of service up to 26 days, plus all UK bank holidays
- Generous Pension scheme
- Opportunity for remote working during Christmas + additional day's paid leave
- Other Perks: fresh weekly organic fruit box delivered to office/fantastic tea coffee selection
Reporting to our COO, we are looking for a highly motivated Developer to join our team to help drive forwards our UI and UX proposition, working on our Magento platform, as we look to bring development inhouse. We're looking for someone with the right experience, happy to take on a challenge and who is keen develop our UX and UI, has an eagle eye for detail and a willingness to go above and beyond to help grow our business. You will be the first tech employee in our start up as historically we have used external agencies for tech needs and you will have the chance to shape our future direction in this area.
- Work with key stakeholders to plan UX/UI sprints.
- Develop, test and launch UX and UI updates.
- Work with external teams to push changes live, where necessary.
- Provide technical consultation to other team members (internal and external).
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a Magento web developer and proven experience with web projects
- In depth knowledge of Magento templates, PHP and MySQL.
- Experience of building responsive web applications
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop
- Navigate effortlessly in an object-orientated environment of PHP and Magento templates
- Structured coding that validates and work across all browsers
- Passionate about clean and efficient user interfaces
- Competent with Git
- Creative and driven with an eye for detail
- Ability to work independently and use your initiative.
Competencies & Values
- Proactive, dynamic & energetic.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management, prioritising to always deliver on-time, in-full.
- Proven to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up, entrepreneurial environment.
- A team player and team builder.
- Environmentally conscious and highly ethical.
Life is short, challenge the norm, push boundaries, make better products, be genuinely ethical, join the team and change the world!
This dynamic & fast-growing company promotes a healthy work-life balance and passionately believes in workplace happiness. If you have the right spirit, enthusiasm, integrity and energy, company will provide you with exciting ways to personally develop, and, of course, to be part of shaping the future of this ambitious company.