Lead Platoform Engineer, Linux, DevOps, Bristol, Reading
My Client are seeing a Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer / Platform engineer who is certified at professional level.
This role involves operational based activities on a Cloud platform. You will be liaising and collaborating with project teams and other Product Groups/support teams as required.
You will be delivering creative, well organised, readable and tested code within the constraints of a continuous integration and delivery environments.
Due to the nature of the role, participation in an out of hours on-call support rota is expected in addition to occasional planned maintenance activity outside of core business hours.
- Experience of enterprise cloud environments which is managed as a secured and governed service
- Experience in developing AWS cloud infrastructure code for enterprise environments.
- Amazon Web Services Certified DevOps Engineer (Professional level)
- Good working knowledge and experience using Linux (RHEL /RedHat 7)
- Open Source tooling experience
- Automation of infrastructure provisioning and management (Chef)
- Good scripting knowledge and experience in Bash/Perl/Ruby/Python/JSON
- Internet & networking technology understanding
- RDBMS database technology
- Resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years and willing to be vetted to achieve UK HMG Security Clearance
- Understanding of cloud standards within large enterprises and how it integrates into other organisational processes
- Evidence of process knowledge: DevOps, Agile delivery, Kanban, Service Transition & Service Operations
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery / DevOps methodology environments
- Recognised skills utilising related tools such as Splunk, Git, Jenkins, Nexus, Docker, Chef, DataDog etc.
- Infrastructure security experience and with proven toolset knowledge using Qualys, Suricata, Satellite,
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment and can demonstrate proven problem solving with a strong
- attention to detail
- Confident, pro-active individual with a 'can do' attitude
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with developers and product managers to discuss and resolve issues.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, grasp technical issues and assess the business impact
- Ability to provide expert advice to senior business and stakeholders on project and technical issues
Platform engineer, devops, bristol, newbury, devops engineer, contract