My client, a leading global retailer for all things video game, film, gadget and tech related, are looking for a Mid-Senior level PHP Developer ready to step-up to a Senior/Lead position begin the overhaul and rebuilding of their 10-year-old legacy systems.
You will lead a friendly team of 6 developers to work on the ever-increasing collection of e-commerce websites that supply the world with as much Crash Bandicoot, Game of Thrones or Assassin's Creed that they could possibly want!
Most of the systems are developed in-house, so any code you write needs to be up to scratch, as over 1 million registered users take advantage of the websites and submit millions of £££'s worth of orders. Are you up for the challenge?
More and more websites and systems are being made with these guys, with plans to expand massively over the next year into different retail industries. They aren't one to be missed!
If you're looking to take that next step from a mid-level to a senior or lead position, then this is for you!
Your duties will include:
- Leading the development of existing websites and internal systems
- Leading the development of new ecommerce websites as the company grows
- Reviewing code written by junior members of the team
- Mentoring the junior developers and apprentices
- Working with Symfony to develop a new ecommerce system
- Working with the ecommerce team to ensure the website attracts customers and brings revenue
- Review, manage and optimise the customer content, usability, navigation and processes across the websites
- Knowledge of Linux commands
- Understanding of OOP principles
- MVC Frameworks (Symfony, Laravel or Zend)
Bonus Skills (not essential)
- Git/Version Control
- Interest in video games
Specification & Benefits
- Employee bonus system
- Monthly review/personal development meetings
- Great development and progression
- Chill out room with consoles
- Free on-site parking
- Free Fruit
- Department outings (paintball, bowling, mini golf - you name it!)
- Charity events and company treats arranged throughout the year
Get applying now - interviews being held Thursday/Friday this week!