LEAD SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Stoke on Trent
Up to £65 000 P/A
My client, global operation -driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology is looking for motivated Team lead, strong mentor for existing creative team of developers.
As a team lead you will be responsible for enhancing and supporting the current website, mobile and tablet products, you will support the Systems Development Manager in the delivery of software to agreed timescales by coordinating and driving activity and efforts of the development team.
As a Team Lead you will be required to retain a good technical understanding of our systems and remain close to the solution being developed.
This exciting company will always will be a technology organisation. They hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and continue to break new ground in software innovation. My client truly looks after their employees and offers fantastic benefit packages and amazing career progression opportunity.
- Assisting in driving the provision of capable, reactive, motivated and delivery focused team.
- Enforcing the government around quality, rules, standards and processes within the team.
- Ensuring the solution meet the needs of the business.
- Ensuring the development process is conducted in a timely fashion.
- Actively planning and tracking works as prioritised by the product, project and development management.
- Gaining a good understanding of the technical structure, the domain and architecture of the systems the team are responsible for.
- Identifying and mitigating risk.
- Removing blockers to delivery.
- Working through dependencies.
- Mentoring members of the team and ensuring distribution of knowledge.
- Inputting in developer's appraisals and other performance feedback.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Commercial experience with leading development teams.
- Commercial ASP.NET experience.
- Commercial experience within web development, preferable HTML5 and CSS 3.
- Knowledge of Typescipt (if not Typescript, experience with a strongly typed language such as C#, VB, C++, actionscript).
- Proven track record in high availability multi browser compatible development.
- Previous experience of working with high availability multi user n-tier systems.
- Degree educated in Computer Science (or relevant discipline).
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Mobile technologies
- Performance Testing
- Service Orientated Architecture
- Scrum or experience of working in an agile environment.
- MS SQL Server experience
- Annual salary review
- Private pension contribution/Bonus Scheme
- Gym membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Relocation Assistance and many more
Please apply with updated version of your CV. All suitable candidates will be contacted within 48 hours.