IT Partnership Management
Salary: £40,000 to £60,000 (DOE)
Scope of the role
- Engage new partner
- Work with Partner to obtain details of partner product, arrange product overview for team, request details about test lab availability, partner agreement, documentation, support available
- Facilitate product overview session with partner - include Product Owner, Dev, QA (later would include Engineering and Support)
- Facilitate membership to partner program, partner contract/agreement
- Ensure Product Owner has contact at Partner to work with to do requirements analysis
- Determine test lab availability and work with Dev, QA and IT to facilitate implementation
- Determine implementation plan for test lab - who can install, who will own, how will we get support?
- Determine routes for business to access partner developer materials and support
- Keep track of any associated costs in short term and long term development plans - partner membership fees, initial test lab software/licences and installations, continued test lab upgrades, certification and testing costs
- Gain awareness of partners product roadmap to gain insight into possible future development requirements and feed into PSG / roadmap planning
- Understand any partner certification processes and obligations
- Facilitate implementation of test lab where required
- Gain cost approvals, and raise orders for any equipment
- Arrange any 3rd party installation visits
- Ensure Dev/QA involvement for handover of test lab
- Ensure IT involvement for specific network considerations during implementation
- Throughout development of new partner integration, work with product manager to ensure all teams are supported by partner to remain on track against release plan
- Throughout release planning phase, work with product manager to ensure all teams have the information they need and feed in plan to 'onboard new partner' - considering product documentation requirements, support, engineering, contracts, marketing, pricing, obligations with partnership
- Schedule any applicable certification work
- Ensure necessary paperwork available
- Costs approved and processed
- Track to completion
Existing integration partners:
- Keep up to date with partner roadmaps
- Plan certifications/interop testing
- Ensure all relevant partner agreements in place
- Ensure business is aware of partner obligations and access to resources
- Ensure test environments in place? QA to execute and maintain?
- Ensure partner details and integration details documented and available to the business
Ensure all above is managed for existing
- implementation and responsibility of test lab?
- Should be QA to take more ownership?
- Challenge in time spent resolving test lab config issues and set-up - takes time away from test work
- Knowledge of integrations and lab systems
- API partners
- Gap here is missing the end to end 'partner program' process
- Needs some focus on how we handle new API partners
- Considering levels of partnership, agreements, boundaries, support
- Who reviews what level of partnership/how we want to work with new prospect partners?
- Keeping partners up to date with API info - how?
- Ensuring API material available?
- Point of contact for API partner queries?
Managing onboarding of a new API partner