Infrastructure Production Release Engineer x2
Salary: Up to £35,000
The Production Release team is responsible for executing and monitoring releases to the route to live and production environments rectifying issues where possible and/or escalating to the appropriate development teams.
These include deployments of windows services/applications/webapps to Windows servers, various deployments to Linux based systems and internal tools via App-V/Citrix.
The Production Release team also complete application installs, provisioning new services/servers as part of the infrastructure build pipeline.
- Gathering of release requirements and on boarding new products into the automation systems.
- Monitoring of day to day releases to the production environment.
- Resolving/escalating deployment issues where appropriate.
- Completing change control procedures and accurate recording or releases.
- Invoking roll back processes upon request from development.
- Verifying operational state of products.
- Participating in on call duties to cover out of hours support for critical releases and roll backs.
- Maintaining web farms and synchronisation of code across multiple data centres.
- Continually reviewing and identifying areas for improvement to aid in creating greater efficiency for the software delivery lifecycle.
- Applying active governance around overall design, quality and technical standards.
- Actively communicating on technical issues and solutions both within the release team, infrastructure and development.
- Installing applications as part of the infrastructure server build pipeline and ensuring adherence to SLA's.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge in at least one scripting language - bash, shell, groovy, PowerShell etc.
- Knowledge of change control and governance.
- Experience using Linux (RedHat/CentOS).
- Windows Server Experience (2008, 2012 and 2016).
- Ability to follow a given process with a keen eye for detail.
- Passion for automation.
- Highly motivated, self starter with the ability to motivate others.
- Delivery focused, ensuring procedures are followed at all times.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Thrive within a highly pressurised environment where success is dependent on the ability to react to ongoing fast changes.
- Keen problem solver with the ability to identify and overcome issues and obstacles.
- Passionate about continuous improvement.
- Ability to work collaboratively or independently on project requirements.
- Confidence and experience in high profile situations.
- Ability to adapt to a very diverse and reactive working environment with no preconceived ideas or single methodology dictating how things must be done.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Automation background.
- Experience with release management.
- Experience of using App-V and or Citrix (XA6/7).
- MS SQL Server experience.
- Experience in a development language, C#/.Net etc.
- Working knowledge of Jenkins and pipelines.
- Experience using a ticket tracking system, Jira/Remedy etc.
- Knowledge of IIS.
- Knowledge of Windows Applications and Services.