Infrastructure Engineer (Red hat + Solaris)
£26,000 - £33,000 + £8,000 On-call allowance
We are currently looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to work for our client based in Cardiff.
To support and develop the clients Solaris and Red Hat infrastructure ensuring availability, performance and resilience are sufficient to allow the corporate targets to be met.
This is an Infrastructure Engineer role where the successful candidate will possess the necessary skills to support and develop the Unix/Linux infrastructure (based on Solaris and Red Hat technologies).
The role will include the following disciplines:
- Be part of a team that provides 8.30am to 5pm onsite cover.
- Take part in a 24 by 7/365 days a year on call rota*
- Respond to and resolve incidents in line with agreed targets.
- Proactively monitor system performance and take preventative or corrective action should the need arise, ensuring you follow the correct Change Management procedures where necessary.
- Provide root cause analysis to problems and propose/implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Participate in configuration design and upgrade path for the current infrastructure.
- Configuring and installing solutions to meet the business need, whilst ensuring agreed standards are adhered to and the Change process is followed.
- Decommission redundant systems.
- Document existing and future systems/processes.
- Ensure the CMDB is up to date.
- Experience of administering Solaris and Red Hat systems is required.
- Experience of NetApp and EMC storage solutions would be advantageous.
- Ability to work as a member of a team who actively looks to share knowledge to ensure all team members develop their technical skills.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with technical and non-technical staff at all levels.
- Ability to engage with external parties/vendors to resolve issues where necessary.
PLease click and apply to hear more.