* Support network and Voice incident and change activities
* Troubleshoot and isolate network & voice incidents.
* Implement effective call routing and IVR routing as defined by Business change
* Maintain and develop current call routing \ IVR configuration
* Administer and monitor Virtual server infrastructure
* Maintain security infrastructure including antivirus software, firewalls and endpoints
* Network trouble shooting, TCP/IP and general WAN/ LAN trouble shooting
* Supporting Users on both hardware and Software applications
* Proactively manage network components in order to prevent incidents.
* Utilize all Network Monitoring and Management tools in an efficient and timely manner.
* Support changes to the production network while following all required change procedures.
* Follow escalation procedures and process, recommend improvements when required.
* Review, track and update network operations policies, standards, and processes.
* Review production changes for adherence against agreed policy and best practices.
* Process internal and external client requests for network changes in line with agreed policies and procedures.
* Prioritising and managing several open cases and mini projects at one time
* Provide support to the business, and solution(s)/work around(s) to incidents and Problems
* Create, manage and evolve polices, processes and procedures
* Work to SLA thresholds for incident(s), request(s) and problem(s)
* Implementation of ISO 20000 and ISO 27001 policies
* Establishing a good working relationship with the business and 3rd party support personnel
* Prove exceptional Technology driven leadership skills, cross training and mentoring.
* Willingness to Travel
As a market leader of SIPP and WRAP products need to ensure it provides a stable and secure technology and Voice platform for its clients and its staff. The post holder will provide support and technical expertise across the entire Network & Voice platform as well as being an escalation point for the Service and Development teams. Demonstrating attributes of a technology leader, showing strength working as part of team and as an individual.
Job knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required:
The ideal candidate will have experience working within the financial services sector. The candidate would be Cisco certified and have spent several years specialising in supporting Cisco routing & Switching and Cisco Voice including Cisco Call Manager & Cisco unified communications manager. As well as all the expected qualities of an experienced Network engineer the following skills are critical to the role.
* Cisco Certification - CCNA Routing and Switches
* Cisco Certification - CCNA Voice
* Cisco network implementation, administration and troubleshooting. Route and Switch experience
* Experience in administering/implementing a VMware Infrastructure including HA, DRS
* Build new servers, physical and virtual
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* Key understanding of ITIL framework.
* Willingness to want to aid in supporting all aspects of the IT service assisting other teams where required from helpdesk, support through to architectural design and implementation.
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills, written & verbal
* Able to develop good working relationships
* Strong organisation, planning and project skills with exposure to matrix management
* A flexible team player which is willing to work weekends and extended hours when required
* Cisco Certification: CCNP R&S \ Voice
* Experience working with Solarwinds
* Experience of dealing with 3rd party MPLS providers
* Checkpoint Firewall Administration
* Experience working with Tiger Voice recording
* Experience working within the financial services sector